Welcome to Running Shoes Guru!
Who are we?Hi! My name is Ruggero, I am 30-something and while originally from the Alps of Italy I now live in Amsterdam.
I have always practiced a lot of sports in my childhood/teenage years.
I used to be a competitive swimmer and a decent cyclist: if you are born in a little town in the mountains and a mountain bike is your only way of transportation, you have to be a decent cyclist. I started running in 2008, when I registered for my first triathlon, the London Triathlon.
While going through various running shoes I decided to start a website to review the shoes me or my friends were running in at the time.
I have worked in the footwear division of companies such as Nike and Reebok/Adidas, (not anymore once I launched the site), I believed I could put out the best running shoes reviews out there.
RunningShoesGuru.com started to grow almost immediately – and there were always more running shoes to be tested. So the team grew from me alone to what is now a team of almost 10 testers.
Our testers come in all shapes and speeds: from semi-elite coaches to exercise physiologists, ultra-runners, trail runners, everyday runners. We test approximately 100 shoes a year !!!
Why a Running Shoes Guru Blog ?
Whether you run to get back or to keep in shape, to race short or long distances, to raise money for a cause or just because you like it – choosing the right running shoe can make your running experience a joyful, rewarding one. On the other side, choosing the wrong shoe can introduce you to a whole new galaxy of pain, blisters and injuries.
Your unique physical characteristics, from gender to body weight, from the shape of your foot to the biomechanics of your running gait together with the distances and surfaces you run on – all require different help from your footwear to support you, protect you and make you run at your best.
Sports companies are constantly developing new shoes and new technologies to help you run at your best. Information though can be overwhelming and misleading.
The purpose of this blog is to help both the novice and the experienced runner find their way to the best running shoe for their needs, by reviewing the latest offering from sports companies and giving clear and simple explanations of the characteristics and technologies of the shoes, as well as tips and advice on how to pick the right shoe for you!
- Our reviews are independent. We don’t get paid to review shoes and nobody has any saying on the content/ratings except for us.
- We often (but not always) receive shoes samples to test from the companies. When we do, we always disclose it in the review.
- We display advertising. Our inventory is managed by a third party and we have no influence on who advertises on our site.
This allows us to concentrate on testing shoes and creating great content. It also ensures we stay neutral, as nobody is directly paying us to.
- On review pages you will find price comparison and links to buy in online stores. If you buy through those links, we get a small commission from the retailer, with no additional cost for you. Actually, you might actually get a better deal because of it.
- Running Shoes Guru is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and/or its international subsidiaries.
The advice given on this website does not constitute or replaces medical advice. Please consult with a doctor before starting any exercise or nutrition plan. Run safe!
Please refer to our:
For more details.
Traffic and Advertising Info
Running Shoes Guru receives in excess of 25,000 visits every day from runners or runners-to-be all around the world. We do not accept direct sponsorship or advertising deals. We do not accept product for review in exchange for payment.
You can subscribe to our newsletter to receive monthly updates on running shoes and advice on how to run better. We hate SPAM, we will never spam you. We won’t sell your email address to any third party. You can unsubscribe at any time.