Runners who were expecting a new, plush trainer were disappointed with the firm, racing-inspired Vomero 14. The Vomero line has always been built for comfort and long distances but the Vomero 14 was a vastly different shoe from any previous Vomero.
When pictures of the Vomero 15 were leaked earlier this year, running shoe geeks got excited with what looked like a plusher, softer shoe than the Vomero 14.
However, this excitement quickly subsided when rumours that the Vomero 15 had been cancelled and Nike was going straight to the 16 began to surface.
Nike surprised us all this week by launching the Vomero 15 on Nike.com in South Korea.
- The Vomero 15 now has ZoomX in its heel instead of an all React foam midsole for a softer ride.
- The Zoom Air unit is no longer full-length but only in the forefoot. It is also much larger, similar to the one in the Pegasus 37.
- It has a large, external heel clip for extra heel support and structure.
- The heel counter is now more padded for extra plushness.
- A new full contact rubber outsole covers up the entire sole for better durability and grip.
- Offset: 10mm (Heel: 26mm, Forefoot: 16mm)
- Price: 169 000 South Korean won
The Nike Air Zoom Vomero 15 is available now in Korea on Nike.com for Nike members. The launch dates for the rest of the world are still unknown but expected to be early 2021.