We got in touch with Brooks to find out what shoes they are about to release next season.
Here you’ll find the first pictures and some details about the new Ghost 9, Glycerin 14, Hyperion, Mazama, PureGrit 5.
Brooks Ghost 9
The first shoe to receive an update is the Ghost 9, Brooks staple neutral road shoe. The main characteristics are going to be
- a full length segmented crash-pad
- ultra soft eye-row material
- engineered mesh upper
Weights 10.6 oz for men and 9.1 oz for women, available on 7/1/2016 for $120.
Brooks Glycerin 14
The Glycerin is Brooks top of the line cushioning road shoe. The new version comes with both a new upper and sole unit. Main new features:
- 3D stretch print overlays
- Super DNA midsole
- Different outsole pressure zones
Weights 10.6 oz for men and 9.2 for women, available on 6/1/2016 for $160.
A completely new shoe for 2016, the Hyperion will be the lightest road shoe from Brooks. Things to look out for :
- Midfoot transition zone (we’ll need to see the shoe to know exactly what this means…)
- Forefoot propulsion pods
- Perforated stretch woven upper
Weights 6.4 oz for men and 5.4 for women, available on 6/1/2016 for $130.
Another completely new intro for 2016, the Mazama seems to be for trail what the Hyperion will be for the road: the lightest Brooks shoe in the category.
- Decoupled midfoot
- Aggressive sticky rubber outsole
- Propulsion (rock?) plate
Weights 9.3 oz for men and 7.9 for women, available on 10/1/2016 for $140.
Brooks PureGrit 5
Update to the PureGrit – here’s what to expect:
- Dust shield at the base of the tongue to keep debris out
- 3D hexagonal lugs to provide grip in all directions
- Reinforced abrasion zones to protect from mud and water
Weights 9.9 oz for men and 8.3 for women, available on 6/1/2016 for $120.
We are looking forward to put our hands (and feet) on these new shoes so stay tuned for the reviews !